News & Press
Sapphires don’t have to be blue!
A selection of some of our fine Sapphire & Diamond rings here in Moodys Nantwich.
The colours in Sapphires are caused by different chemical traces that seeped into the crystals as they formed millions of years ago. Pure Sapphires should be colourless, like a slightly dull diamond, but inevitably the most desirable are those that have been coloured such as these.
The spectacular domed ring is set with 29 different coloured Sapphires encompassing all the colours of the rainbow, together with a carat of beautiful white Diamonds.
L to R:
- Pink Sapphire 2.06cts with 0.64cts Diamonds £6230
- Blue Sapphire 1.06cts with 0.76cts Diamonds £4320
- Multi-colour “Cheer Yourself Up!” ring is in 18ct rose gold set with 2.73cts of Sapphires and 0.99cts Diamonds £9580
- Violet Sapphire 2.26cts with 0.53cts Diamonds £6375
- Yellow Sapphire 1.86cts with 0.32cts Diamonds £3915
Some other factoids about Sapphires:
- They are the same mineral as Rubies – Corundum.
- After Diamonds they are the hardest gem.
- They are the birthstone for September.
- Sapphires are the gift for a 35th wedding anniversary and Star Sapphires for the 65th wedding anniversary.